This week I made a big effort not to plan anything in the evenings so I could just get on with quilting. I got hold of some Fred Astaire movies (Shall we dance and Easter parade) and other musicals, so I could just sit and sew and listen.

Each night when I got home from work and after I had some dinner, I was able to settle down around 8-8.30pm and do a couple or three hours of work.

The Clover transfer mesh arrived on Tuesday. It was £8 for a sheet of holey plastic, but it has been well worth it (see the Quilter’s Choice video for more details on how to use it). It definitely helped speed things along.

Chacopel chalk pencil and transfer mesh used to transfer quilting  design

Chacopel chalk pencil and transfer mesh used to transfer quilting design

Tuesday: Finished another leaf set and used the transfer mesh to mark out the next section

Tuesday: Finished another leaf set and used the transfer mesh to mark out the next section

Wednesday: added a berry bunch

Wednesday: added a berry bunch

Thursday: some stem work and a little lone leaf

Thursday: some stem work and a little lone leaf

Friday: you can see quilting chaos has hit the living room

Friday: you can see quilting chaos has hit the living room

Saturday: moving on to the other side. New flowers and leaves.

Saturday: moving on to the other side. New flowers and leaves.

I managed to get most of the front panel tree finished. Only the very base roots remained for me to finish at college on Monday. In all I spent about 20 hours on the quilt this week (including the stitching at college on Monday).