In the last class I had managed to cut out and mark the lawn layer with the bone placement, so now all I had to do was cut out the drill, mount it and sew the bone channels.

Cutting out the drill

Cutting out the drill

It was the first time I had got my sewing machine out in weeks as I had been hand sewing the quilt. I wish I had a quieter machine.

Sewing the bone channels on the stomacher

Sewing the bone channels on the stomacher

Anyway, I managed to get it all done in about 3 hours. I wasn’t working too quickly and I was pulling through the treads and knotting them on lawn side so they would not be seen on the (drill) inside of the bodice, similar to what I was doing for the topstitching for the corset .